Mivumo River Lodge
Luxury Tented Camp on Rufiji River at Steigler's Gorge
The Mivumo River Lodge spans the side of a steep slope and is located at the downstream entrance to Stiegler's Gorge within the Selous Game Reserve - Africa’s largest game reserve and a proclaimed World Heritage Site.
This small and intimate lodge has 12 well-appointed superior suites and 3 premium luxury suites decorated with local materials in an elegant African style of a bygone era, spread out along the mighty Rufiji River ensuring privacy, exclusivity and a spectacular viewing location.
Each superior room consists of a luxurious bedroom and lounge with a private balcony offering an indoor bathroom, outdoor shower and an intimate plunge pool.
The main lodge has a lounge and library both overlooking the river, as well as an intimate dining area offering a wide selection of gourmet dinners, a la carte lunches and safari breakfast buffets.
The lodge also boasts a sundeck and swimming pool offering the perfect place to relax with a good book or an afternoon gin and tonic. In the evening, the deck becomes the perfect setting for sundowners, star gazing and sharing the day’s adventures around the bonfire.
Highlights of Mivumo River Lodge
- Exclusive game drives in the comfort of 4x4 vehicles.
- Adventure cruises along the intricate waterways and tributaries of the Rufiji River.
- Guided nature walks conducted by qualified expert resident naturalists.
- Bush picnics in magical locations within the reserve next to the banks of the Rufiji River.
- Aromatherapy Spa offering a range of treatments.